MetaMask is a software-based crypto wallet and also a browser extension. It enables to secure of Ether and Ether-20 tokens. This wallet is designed with a good user-friendly interface. It is helpful to start your journey to the world of Web3 and allows you to do Ethereum coin-related transactions in a decentralized way.
Whether you are investing in Ethereum or buying non-fungible tokens (NFTs), firstly, you have to know the process of transferring Ethereum to MetaMask wallet. Here we will give you a definite step-by-step guide on how to transfer ETH to the MetaMask wallet. Let’s have a look briefly at how to set up the MetaMask wallet.
How to set up your MetaMask Wallet?
- Firstly visit the official website and add the chrome extension to the device.
- Open it and select “Get started”.
- You will see the option “Create wallet/Import wallet”
- Click the “Import wallet” if you already have the wallet, or else click “Create a wallet”.
- Create the strongest possible password to make your wallet safer.
- Secure your secret phrase somewhere when prompted.
- Enter that phrase exactly to login into your MetaMask wallet
Now, you are logged into your MetaMask and your wallet is all set to go.
How to transfer Ethereum to a MetaMask wallet?
For this process, make sure you have another wallet with enough Ethereum from where you want to make the transfer. Well, now we are all set to navigate through the ultimate guide to transferring ETH. So, let’s have a look at the details without any further ado.
- Firstly, sign into the account of your wallet which contains your purchased ETH.
- If you didn’t purchase yet, then buy some.
- After purchasing, you can see your balance of all purchased ETH under the tab “Assets” on the app.
- Find the “Send/Receive” icon on the top right corner of your screen.
- Before sending, make sure you have signed in to your MetaMask account.
- Click on the “Send now” button.
- Copy your MetaMask address which can be found at the top of the wallet dashboard.
- Paste it while asked to enter the address after clicking the “send” button.
- A blue button called “Send now” will be popped up, click on that.
- Check the new balance by clicking on “Assets” on MetaMask to confirm.
The world of cryptocurrency can be difficult to navigate if you have just stepped into it. In this blog, we explained the step-by-step guide to transferring your purchased ETH to the MetaMask wallet. One can easily transfer their ETH by following the instructions enlisted in this blog post. Hope this guide will help you.